• Coronavirus - what happens if North America closes its borders this winter?

    If the worst happens and the ski season does not happen, we will cancel your holiday without penalty or loss of deposit any time before your balance due date. This will, of course, be subject to any terms and conditions imposed on us by airlines or suppliers but we will keep you informed every step of the way.

  • What kind of identification do I need to enter Canada or USA?

    A passport valid until at least the day after you return from North America. If you hold a full British Passport, you do not need a visa. For other nationals please refer to Visas.

    For Canada you also require an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). This is accessible online click here to apply. There is a $7 (Canadian) charge per person and it will take just a few minutes.

    For USA you will require an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). To apply for travel authorization, please click here. Answer all required questions and submit your application for travel authorization; this will be valid for two years or the validity of your passport, whichever comes first. The charge for this is US$21.

  • Are there any restrictions on visitors to Canada?

    Yes, Canada has a strict legal system and limits its visitors. If you have a criminal record please contact the High Commission for clarification.

    Canada House
    Trafalgar Square
    SW1Y 5BJ
    +44 (0) 207 004 6000

    USA also has a strict legal system and limits its visitors. If you have a criminal record please contact the Embassy for clarification

    U.S. Embassy,
    33 Nine Elms Lane
    Nine Elms
    London SW11 7US

    Switchboard: [44] (0)20 7499-9000

  • What kind of documents do I need to bring children into North America?

    Children must have their own passport. A letter of permission is required from the parents of any children accompanying travellers who do not have legal custody of the children. If only one parent is travelling with the child, a letter of authority from the other parent is required. If this is impossible, we recommend carrying a letter from a solicitor or a death certificate if applicable to avoid awkward questions at Immigration.

  • What is the legal drinking age?

    In Canada – 19 in British Columbia. 18 in Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec.

    In USA – 21 but there are some exceptions in some states, such as minors being allowed to drink the company of an adult family member. It is best to check locally.

  • What documentation do I need to drive?

    A Valid British Licence is all you need.

  • What is the baggage allowance on the flights?

    Baggage allowance does vary from carrier to carrier but usually economy class passengers are allowed 1 checked bag and 1 piece of carry on baggage For each bag the maximum weight is 50 lbs (23 (kg). The maximum linear dimensions of your suitcase must be no more than 62 inches or 158 cms.

    There are more generous allowances for premium economy, club and first class passengers.

    There are special rates for sporting equipment such as golf bags and skis. For Air Canada flying from London Heathrow we can offer FREE ski carriage.

  • Seat requests on your flights

    You can select and pay for seat reservations on the Air Canada website once the flights have been paid for and tickets issued. British Airways also charges and you cannot select your seats until the flight has been paid for and we have issued the tickets. Otherwise you can select your seat within 24 hours prior to travel when you check in on line.

  • What are the local taxes?

    Most states/provinces have a purchase tax which varies and is levied on most goods and services similar to the VAT in the UK. Confusingly for us, it is not included in the price labels of things in shops but levied at the check out counter. We have included ALL local taxes in our accommodation prices.

  • What travel information is available to people with disabilities?

    For most people, taking a vacation is no great challenge. Just put together the money, climb aboard a plane and away you go. For many people with disabilities, it is not so easy. Getting on and off airplanes, getting around your vacation spot, finding accessible hotels and restaurants can all pose great challenges. Increasingly, travel providers are recognizing the need to increase accessibility for travellers with disabilities. Please take a look at the Gov Uk website and also speak with your consultant during the booking process for any requirements so that they can advise and help make any special arrangements such as wheelchair assistance and making sure accommodation options are suitable.

  • What are the federal and provincial statutory holidays?

    For Canada – Canadians celebrate several national (federally established) statutory holidays, in addition to various statutory holidays established by the provinces and territories. Please click here to view public holidays in Canada.

    For USA – Americans celebrate several national (federally established) statutory holidays as well as many individual state public holidays. Please click here to view public holidays in America.

  • What type of electrical outlets are used?

    Canadian & American appliances operate on 110 voltage, 60Hz alternating current 2 pins. This means that unless you have a transformer your electrical appliances will only work at half their usual strength as the UK has 240 volts and AC. For more information, check out the World Electric Guide which can tell you what the voltage, frequencies and plugs are in many different countries, including Canada & USA



  • What is the time difference in North America?

    Canada –  has 6 time zones!

    Mountain – which is 7 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT) (Calgary and the Alberta Rockies)
    Pacific – which is 8 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT) (Vancouver and British Columbia)
    – which is 3 hours 30 minutes behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT)
    Atlantic – which is 4 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT)
    Eastern – which is 5 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT) (Toronto & Montreal)
    Central – which is 6 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT)

    The continental United States (the 48 contiguous states) is divided into 4 time zones:

    Eastern Standard Time ( EST ), the time zone New York is in, which is 5 hours behind Greenwich mean Time (GMT)

    Central Standard Time ( CST ), the time zone Chicago is in, which is 6 hours behind Greenwich Meantime (GMT)

    Mountain Standard Time ( MST ), which is 7 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

    Pacific Standard Time ( PST ), the time zone Los Angeles is in, which is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

    Alaska and Hawaii have their own time zones: Alaska Standard Time (AKST ) and Hawaii Standard Time ( HST ) respectively.

    Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday of October.